New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio sought to ease tensions with the police force on Monday, calling for a suspension of protests against the use of excessive force until after the funerals of two officers killed by a gunman over the weekend. Full Article
SYDNEY - Asian markets should be well underpinned on Tuesday after Wall Street closed at historic highs while oil prices suffered a vicious setback after Saudi Arabia quashed all thought of cutting supply.
- Alstom to pay record $772 million to settle bribery charges with U.S.
- Joe Cocker, raspy-voiced British singer, dies at 70
- Representative Grimm to plead guilty in tax fraud case: source
- U.S. rights groups want special prosecutor to probe CIA tactics
- Exclusive: American Apparel takeover offer far too low - source