WASHINGTON/NEW YORK - An old friend of former secretary of state Hillary Clinton played an outsized role in advising her on politics and even her dealings with the White House despite holding no formal government position.
LONDON - World stocks and commodity prices tumbled on Tuesday, as poor Chinese data saw fears about its economic health intensify.
- Oil falls more than 4 percent on weak Chinese data
- Kentucky clerk denies marriage licenses despite Supreme Court decision: reports
- Asked about Trump, China says U.S. people want good ties
- China stock probes send shivers through investment community
- Fiat Chrysler August U.S. sales rise 2 percent, top estimates
A new Reuters analysis shows the number of Japanese nuclear reactors likely to restart in the next few years has halved, hit by legal challenges and worries about meeting tougher safety standards.