FERGUSON, Mo - Some 2,000 National Guard troops dispatched to the St. Louis area helped police stave off a second night of rioting and arson, as sympathy protests spread to several U.S. cities. Live Coverage | Full Article
NEW YORK - U.S. stocks rose on Wednesday boosted by tech shares, with the S&P 500 and Dow industrials closing at records, while the energy sector was once more the largest weight on the market as crude prices continued to flirt with multi-year lows.
- U.S. regulator orders national Takata driver-side air bag recall
- U.S. drone strike in Pakistan kills five suspected militants
- Bulgaria charges radical imam, six others with supporting Islamic State
- Exclusive: Poor and besieged, Myanmar's Rakhine join Rohingya exodus
- Same firm, new house: Mexico leader's conflict-of-interest storm grows
President Barack Obama pardons turkeys "Mac" and "Cheese," chiding his detractors by saying "some will call it amnesty." Rough Cut (no reporter narration).