NEW YORK - The S&P 500 hit a record high on Tuesday as the U.S. economy rose more than expected last quarter but soft readings on consumer confidence and house prices kept major indexes in a tight range near the unchanged level.
- Ukraine reports new arrivals of Russian supplies for eastern rebels
- Falcone steps down as CEO from Harbinger
- Female suicide bombers kill at least 21 in Nigeria's northeast |
- Colombia FARC free two soldiers, vow to release general by weekend
- Street clashes break out as Hong Kong clears part of protest zone |
KABUL - The United States is preparing to increase the number of troops it keeps in Afghanistan in 2015 to fill a gap left in the NATO mission by other contributing nations, according to three sources with direct knowledge of the situation. Full Article
On Tuesday the U.S. government announced new rules requiring chain restaurants and large vending machine operators to list the the calorie count of what they sell on their menus.