FERGUSON, Mo - Some 2,000 National Guard troops dispatched to the St. Louis area helped police stave off a second night of rioting and arson, as sympathy protests spread to several U.S. cities. Full Article | Slideshow
WASHINGTON - The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits last week rose to the highest level since September, but the underlying trend remained consistent with a firming labor market.
- Saudis signal no push for oil cut as market to 'stabilize itself'
- Hong Kong riot police clear protest site, arrest student leaders
- NATO commander says Russian forces are still in east Ukraine
- Juncker unveils investment plan to kick-start EU growth
- Israel's lurch to the right dims two-state peace prospects
Over the past four years, Russia has lent billions of dollars and sold vast quantities of cheap gas to Dmitry Firtash, an influential Ukrainian businessman with interests in industry and media. Full Coverage
BRUSSELS - As EU governments consider blacklisting more Ukrainian separatists and potentially more Russians and companies over the crisis in Ukraine, anecdotal evidence and new EU data show the economic costs for Europe of pressuring the Kremlin. Full Article
Demonstrators take to the streets across the US for another night to protest the grand jury decision not to indict a white officer in the shooting death of a black teen. Julie Noce reports.