GAZA/JERUSALEM - A ceasefire between Israel and the Palestinians aimed at ending their seven-week conflict in Gaza appeared to be holding as the focus shifted to securing an arrangement for the long term. Full Article | Video
BEIRUT - Islamic State militants have executed Syrian army soldiers and are holding a group of them hostage after capturing an air base in northeast Syria at the weekend, pictures posted on the Internet and on Twitter by supporters showed on Wednesday.
- ECB speculation weighs on euro, yields; stocks buoyant
- Arizona treasurer claims victory in Republican primary for governor
- American released by Syrian militants excited to be free, mother says
- After disasters, stricken Malaysia Airlines staff brace for job cuts
- American man suspected of fighting with Islamic State is killed
WASHINGTON - U.S. and Chinese military officials will hold talks on rules of behavior at the Pentagon on Tuesday and Wednesday, a U.S. official said, days after the United States denounced a "dangerous" Chinese jet intercept of a U.S. Navy patrol plane. Full Article
Fighting between Ukrainian forces and pro-Russian separatists continues, as Poroshenko and Putin agree on the need to "de-escalate" the conflict in eastern Ukraine. Jillian Kitchener reports.