ANKARA/BEIRUT - The United States air-dropped arms for the first time to help the Syrian Kurds resist an Islamic State assault. Full Article
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc forecast a strong holiday quarter after a better-than-expected 16 percent jump in iPhone sales, and the strongest growth in Mac computer shipments in years helped the company surpass Wall Street's targets.
- U.S. stocks end higher despite drag from IBM
- Alabama state House speaker indicted on corruption charges
- Polish ex-minister quoted saying Putin offered to divide Ukraine with Poland
- AbbVie says $55 billion acquisition of Shire officially dead
- Banks should defer bonuses 10 years, tap them for fines: Fed official
A grand jury has indicted the suspect in the disappearance of a University of Virginia student with attempted murder, abduction and sexual assault in a separate 2005 attack. Rough Cut (no reporter narration).