- Whole neighborhoods razed by Oklahoma tornado that killed 24 |
- Analysis: Some Republicans see new scandal in Sebelius fundraising
- Convicted U.S. killer Arias would join tiny death row group
- Drop in U.S. underground water levels has accelerated -USGS
- Israel fires back at Syria after gunshots at its troops
Italy enacts law to block child porn Web sites
ROME (Reuters) - Italy has introduced a new law requiring Internet service providers to block child pornography Web sites within six hours of being told to do so, the communications ministry said on Tuesday.
The decree, which comes into force almost immediately, requires Internet providers to set up a system that blocks child pornography Web sites from being viewed soon after the providers are notified of their existence.
"The decree reinforces the fight against child pornography and the exploitation of minors through the Internet," Communications Minister Paolo Gentiloni said in a statement.
Italy's penal code includes severe punishment for the distribution and publication of child pornography.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this