U.S. air strike kills more than 20 in Somalia: elder
MOGADISHU (Reuters) - U.S. warplanes killed between 22 and 27 people in a remote area of southern Somalia during a strike on Tuesday, an elder from a neighboring town said.
The attack appeared to be a second strike after a U.S. warplane on Monday attacked the village of Hayo in a hunt for al Qaeda suspects. The elder, who declined to be named, spoke to Reuters by telephone from the Kenya-Somalia border crossing at Liboi.
- Lost airliner was diverted deliberately: Malaysian PM |
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Malaysia PM says lost plane's movements indicate a deliberate act
- UPDATE 2-Satellite data shows missing Malaysia plane may have flown thousands of miles-source
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data