U.S. air strike kills more than 20 in Somalia: elder
MOGADISHU (Reuters) - U.S. warplanes killed between 22 and 27 people in a remote area of southern Somalia during a strike on Tuesday, an elder from a neighboring town said.
The attack appeared to be a second strike after a U.S. warplane on Monday attacked the village of Hayo in a hunt for al Qaeda suspects. The elder, who declined to be named, spoke to Reuters by telephone from the Kenya-Somalia border crossing at Liboi.
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Israeli strikes kill more Palestinians; rocket causes huge blaze in Israel |
- Four servicemen, five miners killed in eastern Ukraine |
- Obama tells Israel U.S. ready to help end hostilities
- Man charged with killing six members of same Texas family |