US strike kills 8 Kurd fighters in Iraq: officials
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A U.S. air strike in northern Iraq killed eight Kurdish Peshmerga militiamen and wounded six others, Kurdish officials said on Friday.
They said the air strike occurred around midnight on Thursday when a U.S. helicopter attacked a Kurdish Peshmerga watchtower on a hill east of the city of Mosul. The U.S. military said it was checking the reports.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video