- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
FACTBOX-Security developments in Iraq, Feb 10
Feb 10 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Iraq as of 1200 GMT on Saturday:
* Denotes new or updated item.
BAGHDAD - A suicide car bomber killed five people and wounded 10 near a queue outside a bakery in the mainly Shi'ite district of Karrada, police sources said.
DIYALA PROVINCE - Three U.S. soldiers were killed and four wounded in an explosion at a building in Diyala province, east of Baghdad, the U.S. military said. A statement said the explosion took place when the soldiers were searching the building for weapons on Friday.
MUSSAYAB - Gunmen killed three members of a Shi'ite family when they stormed a house in the town of Mussayab, 60 km (40 miles) south of Baghdad, police said. Another two family members were wounded.
* BAGHDAD - A car bomb killed three civilians and wounded five when it exploded on a road in eastern Baghdad, police said.
TAL AFAR - A suicide car bomber killed one Iraqi soldier and wounded five people, including three civilians, as it targeted an army checkpoint in the northern Iraqi town of Tal Afar, police said.
MUSSAYAB - A roadside bomb killed one civilian in the town of Mussayab, police said.
ISKANDARIYA - A mortar shell wounded two civilians in the town of Iskandariya, police sources said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this