British actress becomes "Bionic Woman"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - British actress Michelle Ryan has landed the title role on NBC's drama pilot "The Bionic Woman," an updated version of the 1970s series that starred Lindsay Wagner.
Ryan, best known for her five-year turn on the popular BBC soap "EastEnders," will play a bright woman who is transformed into a technological wonder with $50 million worth of bionic components implanted in her body.
"The Bionic Woman" was originally a spin-pff from "The Six Million Dollar Man," which starred Lee Majors as Col. Steve Austin.
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Exclusive: Iran seeks give and take on militants, nuclear program
- White House intruder was armed with knife: officials