British actress becomes "Bionic Woman"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - British actress Michelle Ryan has landed the title role on NBC's drama pilot "The Bionic Woman," an updated version of the 1970s series that starred Lindsay Wagner.
Ryan, best known for her five-year turn on the popular BBC soap "EastEnders," will play a bright woman who is transformed into a technological wonder with $50 million worth of bionic components implanted in her body.
"The Bionic Woman" was originally a spin-pff from "The Six Million Dollar Man," which starred Lee Majors as Col. Steve Austin.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'