BASF CEO suggests GE Plastics may be too expensive
FRANKFURT Feb 22 (Reuters) - BASF BASF.DE is not keen to overpay for assets, its chief executive said on Thursday when asked whether he was interested in buying the GE Plastics business that General Electric Co. (GE.N) may sell.
"I think the price of the assets is not within the general target corridor of BASF," Chief Executive Juergen Hambrecht told a news conference, referring to GE Plastics.
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean: U.S. |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off at Philadelphia airport
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |