Fed's Fisher says globalization cannot be stopped
LOS ANGELES Feb 23 (Reuters) - Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Richard Fisher said on Friday that globalization will continue and that it is important to resist any movement toward trade protectionism.
"We export twice as much intellectual property as we import. We have to continue to move up that value-added curve. We have to improve our educational plan," the Fed bank president told a group here in response to a question.
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- National Guard to withdraw from riot-torn Ferguson, Missouri |