Fed's Fisher says globalization cannot be stopped
LOS ANGELES Feb 23 (Reuters) - Dallas Federal Reserve Bank President Richard Fisher said on Friday that globalization will continue and that it is important to resist any movement toward trade protectionism.
"We export twice as much intellectual property as we import. We have to continue to move up that value-added curve. We have to improve our educational plan," the Fed bank president told a group here in response to a question.
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- At least 43 Palestinians killed as Israel maintains pressure on Gaza |
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- Water main break, geyser flood UCLA campus, strand motorists |