Environmental group Ceres warns of risk in TXU
NEW YORK Feb 25 (Reuters) - The Ceres investor coalition on Sunday warned of investor risk from the coal strategy of TXU Corp. TXU.N, which sources say will receive a $32 billion buyout offer from Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Texas Pacific Group TPG.UL.
The report by Ceres, an environmental group, says that TXU's investors will face a multitude of financial risks if the company moves forward with its plans to build 9,000 megawatts of pulverized coal-fired capacity.
The report cites construction cost over-runs, regulatory costs as climate regulations take hold and a slowing of power demand in Texas.
- Carnage at U.N. school as Israel pounds Gaza refugee camp |
- EU and U.S. announce new sanctions on Russia over Ukraine |
- U.S. Senate bill proposes sweeping curbs on NSA surveillance
- Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine