Environmental group Ceres warns of risk in TXU
NEW YORK Feb 25 (Reuters) - The Ceres investor coalition on Sunday warned of investor risk from the coal strategy of TXU Corp. TXU.N, which sources say will receive a $32 billion buyout offer from Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. and Texas Pacific Group TPG.UL.
The report by Ceres, an environmental group, says that TXU's investors will face a multitude of financial risks if the company moves forward with its plans to build 9,000 megawatts of pulverized coal-fired capacity.
The report cites construction cost over-runs, regulatory costs as climate regulations take hold and a slowing of power demand in Texas.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill