Jennifer Hudson wins Oscar for 'Dreamgirls'
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former "American Idol" contestant Jennifer Hudson won the Oscar for best supporting actress on Sunday for her performance as the spurned lead singer of a female trio in "Dreamgirls."
Hudson's showstopping singing and sympathetic character had made her the odds-on favorite to win the award. It was the 25-year-old's first movie role for which she also picked up Golden Globe and Screen Actors Guild awards.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones |
- NYC police say hatchet attack by Islam convert was terrorism |
- 'We won't pay,' furious Cameron tells EU over surprise bill |