Car bomb kills five guests at Iraqi wedding
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A car bomb targeting a convoy of cars carrying guests at the wedding of an Iraqi policemen killed five people and wounded 10 in the western city of Falluja on Thursday, a police source said.
The source said the victims were guests driving in procession behind the bride and groom, as is traditional at Iraqi weddings.
Falluja is in Iraq's western province of Anbar where U.S. and Iraqi forces are battling a fierce insurgency by al Qaeda and other Sunni Arab militant groups. Police are frequently the target of bombers seeking to discourage recruitment.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official