Car bomb kills five guests at Iraqi wedding
BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A car bomb targeting a convoy of cars carrying guests at the wedding of an Iraqi policemen killed five people and wounded 10 in the western city of Falluja on Thursday, a police source said.
The source said the victims were guests driving in procession behind the bride and groom, as is traditional at Iraqi weddings.
Falluja is in Iraq's western province of Anbar where U.S. and Iraqi forces are battling a fierce insurgency by al Qaeda and other Sunni Arab militant groups. Police are frequently the target of bombers seeking to discourage recruitment.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World