Mayer schedules summer tour with Ben Folds
NEW YORK (Billboard) - John Mayer has tapped Ben Folds as the primary opener for his Continuum summer tour, which kicks off June 1 in Ridgefield, Wash.
Additionally, blues-rocker Rocco DeLuca, folk singer Brett Dennen and British songwriter James Morrison will all spend time in the supporting slot during the 38-date trek.
Tickets for most tour dates go on sale to the public on March 24. The tour, which wraps August 8 in West Palm Beach, Fla., comes in support of Mayer's album "Continuum," which yielded two Grammy Awards last month.
Mayer is also scheduled to perform at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on May 5.
Singer/songwriter Ben Folds will be embarking on his own headlining tour at the end of this month, beginning March 24 at Assumption College in Worchester, Mass. He recently released "Live at My Space," a DVD featuring his performance on Myspace.com's first live-by-request Webcast from last year.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- U.S. aircraft hit by gunfire in South Sudan as conflict worsens
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Four men arrested in deadly N.J. shopping mall carjacking
A federal judge struck down Utah's ban on same-sex marriage as unconstitutional, handing a major victory to gay rights activists in a conservative state Slideshow