Mayer schedules summer tour with Ben Folds
NEW YORK (Billboard) - John Mayer has tapped Ben Folds as the primary opener for his Continuum summer tour, which kicks off June 1 in Ridgefield, Wash.
Additionally, blues-rocker Rocco DeLuca, folk singer Brett Dennen and British songwriter James Morrison will all spend time in the supporting slot during the 38-date trek.
Tickets for most tour dates go on sale to the public on March 24. The tour, which wraps August 8 in West Palm Beach, Fla., comes in support of Mayer's album "Continuum," which yielded two Grammy Awards last month.
Mayer is also scheduled to perform at the New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival on May 5.
Singer/songwriter Ben Folds will be embarking on his own headlining tour at the end of this month, beginning March 24 at Assumption College in Worchester, Mass. He recently released "Live at My Space," a DVD featuring his performance on Myspace.com's first live-by-request Webcast from last year.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp |
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief