Vivica A. Fox arrested for drunken driving
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actress Vivica A. Fox, known for roles in movies such as "Independence Day" and "Kill Bill: Vol. 1," was arrested on suspicion for drunken driving in Los Angeles, police said on Wednesday.
Fox, 42, was stopped late on Tuesday night on a freeway in her Cadillac sports utility vehicle after passing a marked police car going 80 mph (129 kph) -- 15 miles faster than the speed limit. She also was unable to stay in the correct lane, according to the arrest report from the California Highway Patrol.
After being stopped, the actress was unable to perform a sobriety test and her breath indicated a blood alcohol level over the legal limit of 0.08 percent, the report stated.
Fox was cited for driving under the influence and released. A court date has not yet been set.
Fox is currently starring in the television drama "Missing" on the U.S. cable TV network Lifetime, and she was recently a contestant on popular U.S. television contest "Dancing With the Stars."
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- Fresh confrontations raise tempers on ground in Crimea |