Protest disrupts Goldcorp's Los Filos mine
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 27
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 27 (Reuters) - A protest has disrupted construction at Goldcorp Inc.'s (G.TO) Los Filos gold mine in Guerrero, Mexico, which is scheduled to begin production next quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
Demonstrators, who have staged several protests in recent weeks, set up a blockade on the mine's main access road to push demands for a renegotiation of land purchase and rental agreements, the Canadian-based miner said.
Goldcorp said it was having discussions with the blockade organizers, and believed progress was being made to settle the dispute.
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- U.S. nurse quarantined over Ebola criticizes her treatment |
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- U.S., allies stage 22 air strikes in Iraq: U.S. Central Command