- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Female hostage died from police bullet in New York standoff: official
Protest disrupts Goldcorp's Los Filos mine
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 27 |
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 27 (Reuters) - A protest has disrupted construction at Goldcorp Inc.'s (G.TO) Los Filos gold mine in Guerrero, Mexico, which is scheduled to begin production next quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
Demonstrators, who have staged several protests in recent weeks, set up a blockade on the mine's main access road to push demands for a renegotiation of land purchase and rental agreements, the Canadian-based miner said.
Goldcorp said it was having discussions with the blockade organizers, and believed progress was being made to settle the dispute.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this