Protest disrupts Goldcorp's Los Filos mine
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 27
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, March 27 (Reuters) - A protest has disrupted construction at Goldcorp Inc.'s (G.TO) Los Filos gold mine in Guerrero, Mexico, which is scheduled to begin production next quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
Demonstrators, who have staged several protests in recent weeks, set up a blockade on the mine's main access road to push demands for a renegotiation of land purchase and rental agreements, the Canadian-based miner said.
Goldcorp said it was having discussions with the blockade organizers, and believed progress was being made to settle the dispute.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |