Turk TV quotes Iran saying UK woman to be freed
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's private CNN Turk television network on Wednesday quoted Iran's foreign minister as saying Tehran would release a woman sailor detained with 14 other British servicemen "today or tomorrow".
"The British woman soldier detained will be set free today or tomorrow," it quoted Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki as saying. It gave no further details.
Earlier, Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan held talks with Mottaki during a meeting of the Arab League in Saudi Arabia.
- Israel pummels Gaza; Kerry steps up diplomatic push |
- Ukraine war crimes trials a step closer after Red Cross assessment
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand
- With sales sputtering, Apple's iPad looks to IBM alliance
- Five held in China food scandal probe, including head of Shanghai Husi Food