Turk TV quotes Iran saying UK woman to be freed
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's private CNN Turk television network on Wednesday quoted Iran's foreign minister as saying Tehran would release a woman sailor detained with 14 other British servicemen "today or tomorrow".
"The British woman soldier detained will be set free today or tomorrow," it quoted Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki as saying. It gave no further details.
Earlier, Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan held talks with Mottaki during a meeting of the Arab League in Saudi Arabia.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more