Turk TV quotes Iran saying UK woman to be freed
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkey's private CNN Turk television network on Wednesday quoted Iran's foreign minister as saying Tehran would release a woman sailor detained with 14 other British servicemen "today or tomorrow".
"The British woman soldier detained will be set free today or tomorrow," it quoted Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki as saying. It gave no further details.
Earlier, Turkish Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan held talks with Mottaki during a meeting of the Arab League in Saudi Arabia.
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Mexican train derails, stranding 1,300 migrants headed toward U.S.
- Ukraine says rebels will pay as missiles kill 23 soldiers |
- Texas mass murder suspect collapses in court as crime recounted
- British 'Harry Potter' actor David Legeno found dead in U.S. park