Mexican singer kills bandmate
MEXICO CITY (Hollywood Reporter) - The lead singer of the popular Mexican rap group Cartel de Santa has killed one of his band members in a shooting he says was an accident.
Eduardo Davalos de Luna was with bandmate Ulises Nayit Buenrostro Friday evening in a house in the northern state of Nuevo Leon when he allegedly got word that the group's driver, Juan Miguel Chavez, was armed and en route to shoot the vocalist to settle a lingering dispute.
Davalos de Luna was brandishing a .38 pistol when Chavez arrived and fired several shots, one injuring Chavez in the leg.
According to the singer's preliminary statement, another shot ricocheted off the floor, killing his friend Buenrostro. Police are investigating the incident.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Timeline: The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official