Sharon Osbourne replacing Brandy on "Talent"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - After a month of speculation, NBC said Thursday that Sharon Osbourne will replace R&B singer Brandy as a judge on the network's summer reality series "America's Got Talent."
Brandy is facing two wrongful death lawsuits filed by the family of a woman who died December 30 after her car was hit from behind by an SUV driven by the singer.
"Brandy has enjoyed her association with the program," her representatives said. "However, she felt she couldn't give the new season the attention and commitment it deserved."
"Talent," which premieres May 29, strengthens Osbourne's ties with the show's executive producer Simon Cowell, who also is behind the British talent competition "The X-Factor," on which Osbourne also serves as a judge.
On "Talent," a variety talent search, Osbourne joins returning judges David Hasselhoff and British newspaperman Piers Morgan. Another new face will be host Jerry Springer, who is replacing Regis Philbin.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media