Sharon Osbourne replacing Brandy on "Talent"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - After a month of speculation, NBC said Thursday that Sharon Osbourne will replace R&B singer Brandy as a judge on the network's summer reality series "America's Got Talent."
Brandy is facing two wrongful death lawsuits filed by the family of a woman who died December 30 after her car was hit from behind by an SUV driven by the singer.
"Brandy has enjoyed her association with the program," her representatives said. "However, she felt she couldn't give the new season the attention and commitment it deserved."
"Talent," which premieres May 29, strengthens Osbourne's ties with the show's executive producer Simon Cowell, who also is behind the British talent competition "The X-Factor," on which Osbourne also serves as a judge.
On "Talent," a variety talent search, Osbourne joins returning judges David Hasselhoff and British newspaperman Piers Morgan. Another new face will be host Jerry Springer, who is replacing Regis Philbin.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- A Minute With: Shailene Woodley on teen sex, violence and Marvel
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital |