AstraZeneca starts R&D plant expansion near Boston
NEW YORK May 7 (Reuters) - Britain-based drugmaker AstraZeneca Plc (AZN.L) said on Monday construction began on a $100 million research and development expansion at its facility in Waltham, Massachusetts just outside Boston.
Construction of the 132,000-square-foot facility is scheduled to conclude by mid-2009, the company said. The expansion will accommodate up to 100 additional researchers who will join the more than 450 existing employees at the plant.
(C) Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution ofReuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expresslyprohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuterssphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group ofcompanies around the world.nWEN7758
- Alumnus shot dead after wounding three at Florida State University |
- Naked outdoor protest over SeaWorld float in NY's Thanksgiving parade
- Pope to raffle gifts given to him to raise money for the poor
- Banking culture breeds dishonesty, scientific study finds
- Exclusive: U.S. to allow people from nations hit by Ebola to stay temporarily