- Magnitude 5.7 quake strikes Northern California: U.S. Geological Survey
- Bridge collapses in Washington state, sending cars into river
- Large U.S. retailers sue Visa, MasterCard over card fees
- British police ponder conspiracy after soldier murder |
- Analysis: Markets face rough summer ride as Fed pullback feared
Vivendi to launch paid content portal - report
PARIS May 25 (Reuters) - Vivendi (VIV.PA) is preparing to launch a paid content portal this autumn to broadcast music, video or games on computers, television and mobile phones, competing against online sites like YouTube (GOOG.O) and MySpace NWSa.N, daily Les Echos reports on Friday.
A new unit called Vivendi Mobile Entertainment has been created to launch the service, which would come five years after the failure of Vivendi's Vizzavi portal, designed as a gateway for PC and interactive TV content, the paper said.
Vivendi could not be immediately reached for comment.
((Writing by Dominique Vidalon, editing by David Holmes; Reuters Messaging: rm://email@example.com; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Telephone: +33 1 49495432)) Keywords: VIVENDI PORTAL/
(C) Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution ofReuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expresslyprohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuterssphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group ofcompanies around the world.nL2591251
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this