"Half Nelson" pair taking "Physics"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter)- "Half Nelson" director Ryan Fleck is attached to bring the teen novel "Special Topics in Calamity Physics" to the big screen.
Fleck will also write the adaptation for Miramax Films with Anna Boden, his collaborator on "Half Nelson," the acclaimed drama starring Ryan Gosling in an Oscar-nominated turn as a drug-addicted teacher.
The novel, written by Marisha Pessl and published in August, centers on a teenage girl who, after spending years of high school moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father, settles in a small North Carolina town for her senior year. There she becomes part of an upper-crust social set called the Bluebloods and gets caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Fleck and Boden are also working on "Sugar," a tale of a Dominican baseball player in the U.S. minor leagues.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data