"Half Nelson" pair taking "Physics"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter)- "Half Nelson" director Ryan Fleck is attached to bring the teen novel "Special Topics in Calamity Physics" to the big screen.
Fleck will also write the adaptation for Miramax Films with Anna Boden, his collaborator on "Half Nelson," the acclaimed drama starring Ryan Gosling in an Oscar-nominated turn as a drug-addicted teacher.
The novel, written by Marisha Pessl and published in August, centers on a teenage girl who, after spending years of high school moving each semester with her eccentric teacher father, settles in a small North Carolina town for her senior year. There she becomes part of an upper-crust social set called the Bluebloods and gets caught up in the mysterious death of their favorite teacher.
Fleck and Boden are also working on "Sugar," a tale of a Dominican baseball player in the U.S. minor leagues.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'