Sisto flashing "Law" badge
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Jeremy Sisto, best known for his role on "Six Feet Under," will replace Milena Govich as a detective on NBC's "Law & Order" next season.
Sisto is not a stranger to the veteran crime drama. He guest-starred on the show's 17th-season finale last month, playing a defense attorney.
"I've watched Jeremy's career evolve and grow, and I am absolutely thrilled that he has decided to join 'Law & Order,'" said series creator Dick Wolf.
Sisto's deal to join "Law & Order" comes on the heels of presidential prospect Fred Thompson's announcement Wednesday that he is leaving the series, on which he played District Attorney Arthur Branch for the past five seasons.
Sisto is currently in theaters with Adrienne Shelly's indie romantic comedy "Waitress." Shelly was murdered by a construction worker last year, an incident that inspired an episode of "Law & Order."
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |