NBC sees Web video joint venture launch in Sept.
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Media conglomerate NBC Universal said on Thursday it expects a new online video venture it is building with News Corp. to launch in September.
The two companies announced the venture in March, saying at that time it would begin operation in the summer of 2007.
The yet-to-be-named Web video outlet aims to compete for viewers with Google Inc.'s popular YouTube video sharing site and other online video outlets under construction by large media companies.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections