Minnie Driver tapped for "Re"Visioned" Raider
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - Minnie Driver has signed on to voice Lara Croft in the Tomb Rader-focused season of "Re"Visioned," an online animated series debuting July 10 on GameTap, Turner Broadcasting's broadband entertainment network.
"Re"Visioned" will run in ten installments with a new one debuting on GameTap every week through August 23. The series will focus on artists reinterpreting the Tomb Raider heroine, who was played by Angelina Jolie in two films and will now be personified by Driver.
In commemoration of the tenth anniversary of Eidos Interactive's Tomb Raider franchise, GameTap is also presenting a documentary about the game on its site and it released the newest installment, "Tomb Raider: Anniversary," for sale on the site on June 5, the same day it was first available in stores.
On May 31, GameTap changed part of its site to a free ad-supported business model, whereas before it was all subscriber-based. The free section includes a rotating schedule of 30 games and GameTap TV, which will house "Re"Visioned."
- Islamic State video purports to show beheading of UK hostage David Haines |
- North Korea sentences U.S. citizen Matthew Miller to six years hard labor |
- UK's Cameron resists calls for air strikes despite hostage killing |
- Scots independence battle reaches fever pitch on streets and screens |
- NATO countries have begun arms deliveries to Ukraine: defense minister |