Microsoft to launch Xbox 360 Elite in Japan in Oct
TOKYO, July 5 (Reuters) - Microsoft Corp. (MSFT.O) said on Thursday it would launch the advanced version of its Xbox 360 game console, Xbox 360 Elite, on Oct. 11 in Japan, a country where sales of its game console lag far behind rival machines from Nintendo Co. Ltd. 7974.OS and Sony Corp. (6758.T).
The new machine, equipped with a 120-gigabyte hard disk drive, will sell for 47,800 yen ($390).
((Reporting by Kiyoshi Takenaka; Reuters Messaging: firstname.lastname@example.org; +81-3-3432-8837; email@example.com))
($1=122.71 Yen) Keywords: MICROSOFT XBOX/
(C) Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution ofReuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expresslyprohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuterssphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group ofcompanies around the world.nTFA002798
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide |
- After Nevada ranch stand-off, emboldened militias ask: where next?
- Florida man charged with murdering son so he could play video games
- Ukraine separatists reject diplomatic deal to disarm |
- All 338 Korean students, teachers rescued from sinking ferry - school official