FACTBOX-Bidders for Airbus factories
July 13 (Reuters) - Following is a list of 14 companies which have submitted bids for Airbus EAD.PA factories as part of the company's restructuring, supplied by sources close to the talks. Airbus declined to comment.
In the first stage, Airbus is offering stakes of up to 100 percent in three factories that will be closely involved in composites research and production for its A350 airliner due in 2013.
They are Filton (Britain), Meaulte (France) and Nordenham (Germany).
These deals will include risk-sharing on composite development in the 10 billion euro ($13.77 billion) A350 plane project.
An exclusive negotiating partner for each plant will be selected by end-June.
The planemaker says it wants to sell three plants outright -- Laupheim (Germany), Varel (Germany) and Saint-Nazaire (France).
The 14 bidders are:
EDAG Engineering + Design AG
GKN Aerospace (GKN.L)
MT Aerospace (OHBG.DE)
Recaro Aircraft Seating
Spirit AeroSystems (SPR.N)
- Nearly 300 missing after South Korean ferry capsizes: coastguard |
- Separatists fly Russian flag over Ukrainian armored vehicles
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |
- China economic growth slows to 18-month low in first-quarter |