Starbucks, NBC Universal pair on "SNL" DVD
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Starbucks Entertainment has teamed with NBC Universal Television Distribution for the first time on "Saturday Night Live: The Best of '06/'07," a DVD set to be sold exclusively in Starbucks Co.-operated locations in the U.S. beginning August 28.
The venture marks the first time NBC Universal Television Distribution has created an exclusive DVD release for a retailer. The content will draw from the 2006-2007 season, highlighting the comedic talents of Amy Poehler, Seth Meyers and Darrell Hammond, the companies said.
The DVD set also will feature never-before-seen bonus material such as dress-rehearsal footage and commentary by the cast as well as a bonus "30 Rock" DVD, which features deleted scenes from the NBC sitcom's first season.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad