Gannett quarterly profit up, revenue down
NEW YORK, July 18
NEW YORK, July 18 (Reuters) - USA Today publisher Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI.N) said on Wednesday that its revenue fell, but profit rose with the sale of some newspaper assets.
Second-quarter net income for Gannett, the largest U.S. newspaper publisher, rose to $365.7 million, or $1.56 a share, from $310.5 million, or $1.31 a share, in the second quarter a year ago.
Revenue fell to $1.93 billion from $2 billion last year.
Gannett, which publishes 85 daily U.S. papers including USA Today, is dealing with weaker advertising sales as fewer people subscribe to its papers and move to online media and other sources.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official