Gannett quarterly profit up, revenue down
NEW YORK, July 18
NEW YORK, July 18 (Reuters) - USA Today publisher Gannett Co. Inc. (GCI.N) said on Wednesday that its revenue fell, but profit rose with the sale of some newspaper assets.
Second-quarter net income for Gannett, the largest U.S. newspaper publisher, rose to $365.7 million, or $1.56 a share, from $310.5 million, or $1.31 a share, in the second quarter a year ago.
Revenue fell to $1.93 billion from $2 billion last year.
Gannett, which publishes 85 daily U.S. papers including USA Today, is dealing with weaker advertising sales as fewer people subscribe to its papers and move to online media and other sources.
- Sierra Leone declares emergency as Ebola death toll hits 729 |
- Israel, Palestinian militant groups begin three-day Gaza truce |
- Disappointment, uncertainty after India blocks WTO trade deal
- Tesla expects to boost 2015 output to more than 60,000
- S&P500 index posts worst fall since April; indexes down for July