Taliban say kill 2nd German hostage in Afghanistan
KABUL (Reuters) - Afghan Taliban rebels killed the second of two German hostages on Saturday after the end of their deadline for Germany to withdraw its troops from Afghanistan and the Afghan government to free all Taliban prisoners.
"The mujahideen also shot dead the second German hostage," Taliban spokesman Qari Mohammad Yousuf told Reuters by telephone from an unknown location.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Couple, four children missing in Nevada found safe in canyon
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule |
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more