IncrediMail says approached by many Internet firms
BANGALORE, July 23
BANGALORE, July 23 (Reuters) - Israel's IncrediMail Ltd. MAIL.O, which develops software to customize e-mails, said it was in talks with some Internet companies that have shown interest in the firm.
"We have been approached by several... and we are talking to a few," Jeff Holzmann, executive vice president of IncrediMail, told Reuters by phone.
Earlier Monday, financial blog SeekingAlpha.com published an article, which speculated that IncrediMail could be a potential acquisition target for the popular social networking site, Facebook Inc.
Holzmann, however, declined to comment on whether the company had received a formal bid from Facebook.
"We are potentially looking for an acquisition, and we are not ruling out being acquired, but we have no news to report at this time," he said.
The company, which offers users the ability to design highly personalized e-mail presentations through multimedia content, has more than 10 million active users to date, Holzmann said.
Shares of Tel-Aviv based IncrediMail were up more than 3 percent in late electronic trade, after closing at $9.40 on the Nasdaq earlier in the day.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- New York police officer critically wounded in hatchet attack |
- Doctor with Ebola in NY hospital, nurse declared virus-free
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement
- Putin accuses United States of damaging world order