IncrediMail says approached by many Internet firms
BANGALORE, July 23
BANGALORE, July 23 (Reuters) - Israel's IncrediMail Ltd. MAIL.O, which develops software to customize e-mails, said it was in talks with some Internet companies that have shown interest in the firm.
"We have been approached by several... and we are talking to a few," Jeff Holzmann, executive vice president of IncrediMail, told Reuters by phone.
Earlier Monday, financial blog SeekingAlpha.com published an article, which speculated that IncrediMail could be a potential acquisition target for the popular social networking site, Facebook Inc.
Holzmann, however, declined to comment on whether the company had received a formal bid from Facebook.
"We are potentially looking for an acquisition, and we are not ruling out being acquired, but we have no news to report at this time," he said.
The company, which offers users the ability to design highly personalized e-mail presentations through multimedia content, has more than 10 million active users to date, Holzmann said.
Shares of Tel-Aviv based IncrediMail were up more than 3 percent in late electronic trade, after closing at $9.40 on the Nasdaq earlier in the day.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image