Merck to buy NovaCardia to expand heart drug pipeline
July 25 (Reuters) - Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK.N) said it agreed to acquire privately held NovaCardia in a deal worth $350 million to boost its clinical pipeline for cardiovascular drug candidates.
NovaCardia focuses on cardiovascular diseases and the acquisition will give Merck access to NovaCardia's lead experimental drug, KW-3902, for acute congestive heart failure which is in the last stage of trials. (Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore)
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane: sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics
- Tire blows out on passenger jet taking off from Philadelphia airport