Merck to buy NovaCardia to expand heart drug pipeline
July 25 (Reuters) - Merck & Co. Inc. (MRK.N) said it agreed to acquire privately held NovaCardia in a deal worth $350 million to boost its clinical pipeline for cardiovascular drug candidates.
NovaCardia focuses on cardiovascular diseases and the acquisition will give Merck access to NovaCardia's lead experimental drug, KW-3902, for acute congestive heart failure which is in the last stage of trials. (Reporting by Jennifer Robin Raj in Bangalore)
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- South Korea to make announcement on air zone; expansion is anticipated |
- Pro-Europe protesters gather for rally in Kiev
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push