Virginia Financial Group to acquire FNB Corp
July 26 (Reuters) - Virginia Financial Group Inc. VFGI.O said it agreed to acquire FNB Corp. FNBP.O to create the largest Virginia-based independent bank holding company.
FNB shareholders will get 1.5850 shares of Virginia Financial common stock for each share held, the companies said in a joint statement. This represents a premium of about 5 percent to FNB's closing of $30.92 on the Nasdaq.
Current Virginia Financial President and Chief Executive O.R. Barham will serve as president and CEO for the resulting holding company, the companies said. (Reporting by Manish Gupta in Bangalore)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- U.S. immigration protesters drop U.S. border blockade plan
- About 60,000 Syrian Kurds flee to Turkey from Islamic State advance |
- Secret Service investigates after man jumps White House fence, reaches doors
- Kentucky firefighter dies after ice bucket challenge accident