CORRECTED: Taliban issue another deadline on Korean hostages
Corrects time in first paragraph.
KABUL (Reuters) - The Taliban movement in Afghanistan has set 0730 GMT (3:30 EST) Wednesday as another deadline for the remaining 21 South Korean hostages, a Taliban spokesman said on Tuesday a day after the Taliban shot dead a second captive.
"If the Kabul administration and Korean government do not give a positive reply to our demand about the release of Taliban prisoners by tomorrow 12:00 (local time), then we will start killing other hostages," Qari Mohammad Yousuf told Reuters.
- Tape emerges of Clinton discussing bin Laden day before 9/11 attack
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling |
- Financial health: The four numbers to zero in on
- Ebola patient coming to U.S. as aid workers' health worsens
- Exposure of health workers weakens Africa's Ebola fight