CORRECTED: Taliban issue another deadline on Korean hostages
Corrects time in first paragraph.
KABUL (Reuters) - The Taliban movement in Afghanistan has set 0730 GMT (3:30 EST) Wednesday as another deadline for the remaining 21 South Korean hostages, a Taliban spokesman said on Tuesday a day after the Taliban shot dead a second captive.
"If the Kabul administration and Korean government do not give a positive reply to our demand about the release of Taliban prisoners by tomorrow 12:00 (local time), then we will start killing other hostages," Qari Mohammad Yousuf told Reuters.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source