CORRECTED: Taliban issue another deadline on Korean hostages
Corrects time in first paragraph.
KABUL (Reuters) - The Taliban movement in Afghanistan has set 0730 GMT (3:30 EST) Wednesday as another deadline for the remaining 21 South Korean hostages, a Taliban spokesman said on Tuesday a day after the Taliban shot dead a second captive.
"If the Kabul administration and Korean government do not give a positive reply to our demand about the release of Taliban prisoners by tomorrow 12:00 (local time), then we will start killing other hostages," Qari Mohammad Yousuf told Reuters.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Exclusive: Charred tanks in Ukraine point to Russian involvement