Rand Logistics says labor pact on time chartered vessels expired
Aug 6 (Reuters) - Rand Logistics Inc. (RLOG.O) said Wisconsin & Michigan Steamship Co. informed the company that its agreement with the American Maritime Officers expired and that it will not be renewed.
Under the agreement, the American Maritime supplied licensed officers who filled the supervisory positions on the Wisconsin & Michigan Steamship vessels and who were engaged in a work stoppage since May 9.
Rand Logistics' unit time charters three vessels from the Wisconsin & Michigan Steamship, Rand said in a statement. (Reporting by Manish Gupta in Bangalore)
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in South Korean ferry disaster |
- Separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |