Polo Ralph Lauren reports higher quarterly profit
NEW YORK Aug 8 (Reuters) - Polo Ralph Lauren Corp. (RL.N) said on Wednesday quarterly profit rose, helped by higher apparel sales.
The maker of the Polo by Ralph Lauren and Club Monaco clothing lines said net income for the fiscal first quarter was $88.3 million, or 82 cents per share, up from $80.2 million, or 74 cents per share, a year earlier.
(See here -- Reuters' retail and consumer blog)
(Reporting by Aarthi Sivaraman)
((Editing by John Wallace; Reuters e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; +1 646 223 6191)) Keywords: POLO RESULTS/
(C) Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution ofReuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expresslyprohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuterssphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group ofcompanies around the world.nWNAS0755
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage