Cardinal posts higher quarterly net profit
CHICAGO Aug 9 (Reuters) - Cardinal Health Inc. (CAH.N) on Thursday said its quarterly net profit rose, led by strong demand for medical pumps and other devices in its Clinical Technologies and Services business.
The Dublin, Ohio-based drug wholesaler and maker of hospital products reported a net profit of $902.2 million, or $2.33 per share, for its fourth quarter, compared with $321.1 million, or 76 per share, a year ago.
The share count was down about 8 percent from the year-ago quarter.
Earnings from continuing operations were 61 cents per diluted share.
- Ferguson march muted, police officer disciplined over video |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- U.S. protests intercept of Navy jet by Chinese warplane