Cardinal posts higher quarterly net profit
CHICAGO Aug 9 (Reuters) - Cardinal Health Inc. (CAH.N) on Thursday said its quarterly net profit rose, led by strong demand for medical pumps and other devices in its Clinical Technologies and Services business.
The Dublin, Ohio-based drug wholesaler and maker of hospital products reported a net profit of $902.2 million, or $2.33 per share, for its fourth quarter, compared with $321.1 million, or 76 per share, a year ago.
The share count was down about 8 percent from the year-ago quarter.
Earnings from continuing operations were 61 cents per diluted share.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994