Cardinal posts higher quarterly net profit
CHICAGO Aug 9 (Reuters) - Cardinal Health Inc. (CAH.N) on Thursday said its quarterly net profit rose, led by strong demand for medical pumps and other devices in its Clinical Technologies and Services business.
The Dublin, Ohio-based drug wholesaler and maker of hospital products reported a net profit of $902.2 million, or $2.33 per share, for its fourth quarter, compared with $321.1 million, or 76 per share, a year ago.
The share count was down about 8 percent from the year-ago quarter.
Earnings from continuing operations were 61 cents per diluted share.
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Warning shots fired to turn monitors back from Crimea |
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media