- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Shares choppy, dollar steady as Fed meets
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
Foot Locker says not providing EPS forecast
NEW YORK Aug 23 (Reuters) - Foot Locker Inc's (FL.N) chief financial officer said on Thursday the retailer did not believe it was "appropriate" to provide a specific earnings forecast for the fall season, citing the challenging U.S. athletic apparel retail environment and its decision to close underperforming stores.
Robert McHugh also said the retailer was planning its business more conservatively for its third and fourth quarters than it had been at the beginning of the year. He made the comments on a conference call. Foot Locker reported a second-quarter net loss on Wednesday, as markdowns and falling sales at stores open at least a year hurt results.
(Reporting by Nicole Maestri)
((Editing by Gerald E. McCormick; Reuters Messaging: email@example.com; (646) 223-6173)) Keywords: FOOTLOCKER OUTLOOK/
(C) Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution ofReuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expresslyprohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuterssphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group ofcompanies around the world.nWEN0655
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this