Crocs to launch men's and kids' clothing lines
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Shoe company Crocs Inc. said on Monday it will launch a line of clothing for men and children using a form of the resin material it uses in its brightly colored clogs.
The clothing line, which will hit stores in October, is an attempt at diversification for the company as it tries to evolve from a niche shoe maker to a lifestyle brand.
The clothing will use the company's proprietary material and will be resistant to harsh chemicals and heat, the company said, adding that it plans to launch another line of clothing for spring 2008.
(See here for "Shop Talk" -- Reuters' retail and consumer blog).
(Reporting by Martinne Geller)
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing, presumed crashed in South China Sea |
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws 'red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official