Scott Baio will stay hitched to VH1
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Scott Baio will be back on VH1 with another season of "Scott Baio Is 45 . . . and Single" and a new set of issues -- this time, over impending fatherhood.
The first season of the reality show found the former "Charles in Charge" and "Happy Days" star struggling with commitment issues. The finale, which aired at 10:30 p.m. Sunday, showed Baio wrapping his two-month boot camp with his life coach, Doc Ali. At his "graduation party," Baio committed to his relationship with girlfriend Renee by asking her to get married. Renee, in turn, surprised Scott by revealing that she's pregnant.
The new season goes production in the fall and is slated to run with nine episodes (six half-hours and three hourlong installments).
The first season, which debuted July 15, averaged 1.3 million total viewers, according to Nielsen Media Research. It also averaged 1 million in the adults 18-49 demo, ranking it among the top 10 basic cable programs in its time slot.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls