Thornton and Basinger tipped for "Informers"
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Oscar winners Billy Bob Thornton and Kim Basinger are in various stages of negotiations to star in the ensemble drama "The Informers," an adaptation of the Bret Easton Ellis novel.
Set in 1980s Los Angeles, the script follows seven stories taking course during a week in the life of a movie executive, his wife, his mistress, a rock star, a vampire and a kidnapper.
Thornton will play the movie executive, and Basinger his wife. "Superman" star Brandon Routh has been cast as the vampire, while Ashley Olsen will play a sexually promiscuous girl.
Principal photography will begin in October, with shooting taking place in Los Angeles, Uruguay and Buenos Aires. Gregor Jordan is directing the independently financed project.
Thornton returns to theaters on September 14 in "Mr. Woodcock. Basinger, last seen in "The Sentinel," next stars in "While She Was Out," directed by Susan Montford.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes
- Twitter backtracks on block feature after users revolt
- Iran angry over U.S. sanctions, nuclear talks interrupted
Thousands line up to say goodbye to Nelson Mandela, whose body is lying in state in Pretoria. Slideshow