Ventana buys Spring BioScience for $28.9 mln
Sep 5 (Reuters) - Ventana Medical Systems Inc VMSI.O said it acquired Spring BioScience Corp, a company which develops and supplies rabbit monoclonal antibodies and other reagents, for $28.9 million in cash.
Ventana, which makes diagnostic tests, said it would also make milestone payments of up to $11.7 million to Spring BioScience's shareholders over the next two years.
Tucson, Arizona-based Ventana expects the deal to add 5 cents to its 2008 GAAP earnings per share and 9 cents to its 2009 GAAP EPS. (Reporting by Tenzin Pema in Bangalore)
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- U.S. prosecutor defends treatment of Indian diplomat |