Sonoco plans to announce new Matrix plant
NEW YORK, Sept 10 (Reuters) - Packaging products maker Sonoco Products Co (SON.N), which recently acquired Matrix Packaging, expects to grow the Matrix business and plans to announce a new Matrix plant soon, Harris DeLoach, chief executive of Sonoco, said on Monday.
"I would expect, in the late third quarter of this year or early fourth quarter, we will announce a new Matrix plant," said DeLoach, in an interview with Reuters.
In May, Sonoco agreed to buy Matrix Packaging, a maker of rigid plastic containers, for about $210 million. Matrix currently has six manufacturing locations located in the United States and Canada.
(Reporting by Euan Rocha)
((Editing by Gerald E. McCormick; email@example.com; 1 646 223 6026)) Keywords: SONOCO INTERVIEW/
(C) Reuters 2007. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution ofReuters content, including by caching, framing or similar means, is expresslyprohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuterssphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group ofcompanies around the world.nWEN0871
- Police seek motive in fatal Washington state school shooting
- Wall St. finally turning on Amazon as Bezos magic fades
- Two deputies killed, two others hurt in California shooting spree
- Easter Island's ancient inhabitants weren't so lonely after all
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting