Wal-Mart Canada supercenters to have Tim Hortons
OTTAWA, Sept 13
OTTAWA, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Wal-Mart Canada Corp (WMT.N) said on Thursday that it will include Tim Hortons (THI.TO) coffee and doughnut shops at Canadian supercenters it plans to open later this year.
The first outlets will open in Lethbridge and Edmonton, Alberta and Brockville, Ontario this autumn. In total, seven locations are planned for early 2008, Wal-Mart Canada said.
Wal-Mart Canada currently operates a network of 292 retail outlets, including 278 discount stores, eight supercenters, and six Sam's Club membership stores.
In March, Wal-Mart said it planned to open 21 supercenters, which sell fresh groceries, and eight discount stores in Canada this year.
Tim Hortons has 2,733 restaurants in Canada and 345 in the United States as of July 1.
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |