Phillies win to tie Mets atop NL East
NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Philadelphia Phillies drew level with the New York Mets at the top of the National League East on Thursday.
The Phillies won their second straight by beating the Atlanta Braves 6-4, while the Mets lost their fourth consecutive game, falling 3-0 to the St. Louis Cardinals.
That left both teams with 87-72 records.
Both have three games remaining in the regular season. The Phillies play a weekend series at home against Washington. The Mets finished up against the Florida Marlins in New York.
(Writing by Gene Cherry in Raleigh, North Carolina)
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada PM vows crackdown after capital shocked by fatal attacks |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor