ABC, Abrams partner on notarize TV series deal
LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - J.J. Abrams is returning to ABC with a new drama project written by a writer-producer of "Six Feet Under."
The untitled project, from Jill Soloway, centers on a mobile notary who involves herself in the lives of those with whom she comes in contact.
It will be produced by Abrams' Bad Robot production company. Abrams had been a fixture on ABC, where he executive produced such series as "Lost," "Alias," "What About Brian" and "Six Degrees." He has been busy on the feature directing side lately, preparing the new "Star Trek" movie for Paramount.
During her three-year stint on "Six Feet Under," Soloway earned three best drama series Emmy nominations as part of the show's producing team. She is currently working on ABC's hit medical drama "Grey's Anatomy" as a consulting producer.
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal |
- China rejects U.S. criticism over jet encounter
- Protesters mark two weeks since police shooting in Ferguson, Missouri |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |