www.sex.asia likely to be Internet domain in demand
PARIS (Reuters) - The Internet address www.sex.asia is likely to be the domain name most in demand next week when dot Asia Web sites are launched, Europe's .eu Internet domain registrar EURid said on Friday.
"No one knows which names will be most popular...but EURid's experience offers some clues. In the first two days .eu domain names became available, EURid received 227 applications for sex.eu, 118 for hotel.eu and 94 for travel.eu," EURid said in a statement.
"The .asia registry will probably see the same rush for generic names but that will pass," said Marc Van Wesemael, general manager of EURid.
Dot asia addresses are due to become available from October 9. The distribution of the domain names is being managed by DotAsia Organisation (www.registry.asia), a not-for-profit group based in Hong Kong.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon, heads for Germany |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
China landed an unmanned spacecraft on the moon, joining the United States and the former Soviet Union in the first such "soft-landing" since 1976. Slideshow