Nick Nolte is a father again at 66
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Nick Nolte is a father again at age 66 after his British girlfriend of several years, Clytie Lane, gave birth to the couple's first child, a daughter they have yet to name.
The infant, weighing in at 7 pounds and 13 ounces, was born last Wednesday in Los Angeles, and "both mother and daughter are doing well," according to a statement on Tuesday from the actor's publicist.
The baby girl is the first child for Lane, who is believed to be in her late 30s and is not in show business, and the second for Nolte, who has a 21-year-old son, Brawley, from the last of his three previous marriages.
The two-time Oscar nominee for his roles in "The Prince of Tides" and "Affliction" will next appear in Paramount Pictures' fantasy adventure "The Spiderwick Chronicles" and is currently filming the Ben Stiller comedy "Tropic Thunder" for DreamWorks.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks |
Nelson Mandela: 1918 - 2013
Reuters looks at the life and times of Nelson Mandela, an icon of peace and reconciliation who came to embody the struggle for justice around the world. Video