- Special Report: Syria's Islamists seize control as moderates dither
- Angelina Jolie stunt double sues News Corp over hacking
- Global shares flat, dollar steady before Fed decision
- Kanye West wins over critics with 'daring' new album 'Yeezus'
- Journalist who brought down U.S. general is killed in Los Angeles car crash
FedEx Express rates to rise by 4.9 pct in 2008
CHICAGO Oct 26 (Reuters) - Package delivery company FedEx Corp (FDX.N) said on Friday that net average rates at its express delivery unit would rise 4.9 percent in 2008.
Rates at FedEx Express will rise by 6.9 percent, but will be partially offset by a 2 percentage point reduction in the fuel surcharge FedEx charges customers.
The new rates will be effective as of Jan. 7 and will apply to U.S. and U.S. export express packages and freight shipments.
Rates and surcharges at ground delivery unit FedEx Ground are also set to increase. Those changes will be announced later this year, the Memphis-based company said. (Reporting by Nick Carey, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this