Roadside bomb kills 3 U.S. soldiers in Iraq
(Corrects day of the week to Tuesday)
BAGHDAD, Oct 30 (Reuters) - Three U.S. soldiers were killed when their patrol was hit by a roadside bomb southeast of Baghdad on Tuesday, the U.S. military said.
The deaths takes to 36 the number of U.S. soldiers killed so far this month. If no more casualties are reported it would be the lowest monthly toll since March 2006.
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies