- Taxes on some wealthy French top 100 pct of income: paper
- North Korea fires short-range missiles for two days in a row |
- Israel warns against Russian arms supply to Syria
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida |
- Toyota plans to increase lithium-ion car battery output-Nikkei
Pierce Brosnan accused of hitting LA photographer
LOS ANGELES |
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former James Bond actor Pierce Brosnan is being investigated on possible assault charges against a photographer, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's department said on Tuesday.
Spokesman Steve Whitmore told Reuters, "We are investigating Mr. Brosnan, who is alleged to have committed a battery."
He declined to give details but said that the incident took place last Friday at a mall in Malibu.
The celebrity Web site TMZ.com quoted a witness as saying photographer Robert Rosen and Brosnan got into a scuffle when the photographer started to compliment the actor on his James Bond films.
TMZ said Brosnan reacted by cursing Rosen and hitting him in the ribs while the photographer kicked the actor.
Whitmore said results of the investigation will be referred to the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office for a decision on whether to bring charges.
Pierce Brosnan's spokeswoman was not immediately available for comment.
Irish-born Brosnan, 54, played Bond in four movies from 1995 to 2002.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this