Pelosi seeks to oust head of product safety watchdog
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi joined other Democrats on Tuesday in calling for the resignation of the head of the nation's top consumer product safety watchdog, following a wave of recalls of dangerous toys, food and other goods.
"I would join my colleagues ... in calling upon the president of the United States to ask for the resignation" of Nancy Nord, acting chairman of the Consumer Product Safety Commission, Pelosi told reporters at a news conference.
(Reporting by Kevin Drawbaugh, editing by Phil Berlowitz)
- Exclusive: Angry with Washington, 1 in 4 Americans open to secession
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote, nationalist leader resigns |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Alibaba surges on massive demand in trading debut |
- Special Report: Scotland stays in UK, but Britain faces change